Functions of the Board
- To give the interested youth of the Diocese guidance and training in sports and games. Find out Employment opportunists and fields for self employment and give the unemployed , necessary guidance and training.
- To appoint three Sub-committees and conveners for the three different fields mentioned above.
- To consider the program of activities of the sub committees, give approval to those feasible and take necessary measures to implement them.
- To find resources for all the activities of the Board.
- To consider the annual Budgets and accounts of the board and sub-committees.
- To hold advisory meetings by including persons who are capable of providing authoritative guidance in the various fields of activities of the board
- To take policy decisions to achieve the main Objectives of the Board.
- To implement the programmes entrusted by the bishop or the Executive committee.
Committee for Self – employment Programmes
- To find all activities to find self-employment for individuals
- To give leadership to those seeking self employment by organising them on co-operative basis and guiding them to enter the field proficiently.
- To take efforts to make available to self-employment seekers, Loans, Subsidies, incentives, Services, training facilities etc. from Banks, Govt. Agencies, and others.
- To organise and encourage those who wish to start combined enterprises and help them to find resources.
- To encourage those who intended to organise small scale industries and rear cattle and arrange loan for them.
- To make available the services of agencies that impart training in Self-employment.
- To organise programmes to create in people an awareness and culture by which they learn to attain self respect and self sufficiency through self-employment .
- To organise those who are employed in unorganised employment fields and make them aware of their Rights and Responsibilities.
- To do everything possible to find more and more employment opportunities for people.